Your security is our responsibility!
The Firstdate.com website (the “Website”) is operated by First Date International AB (“Firstdate” or “we” or “our”) (a company registered in Sweden with Company Number: 5567002422). In particular we draw your attention to clauses 15-18 (Liability). By checking the “I Accept” Button and clicking on the “Next” button on the registration page or accessing or using the website you will be legally bound by these terms as they may be modified and posted on our website from time to time. If you do not wish to be bound by these terms then you are not permitted to use our website.
Description of Service
The Website allows subscribers to get in touch with anyone who has posted a profile on the Website. We refer to the Website and all services provided through the Website as the “Service”.
You agree that the Service is provided as is and that we do not provide any guarantee or assurance that our Website or the Services will operate continuously or without interruptions or be error free or be fit for any paricular purpose. Accordingly, Firstdate connot accpet liability for its unavailability or the timeliness, deletion, mis-deliver or failure to store any user communications or personalisation settings or that the Service will meet your requirements. You assume full responsibility and risk for your use of our Website and use of all information contained within it.
Please read the information under the heading “Important”.
Firstdate reserves the right to make changes or corrections, alter, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Website or the content or Services available through it, including your access to it. Such changes or additions shall take effect withing a reasonable amount of time after a message regarding these changes is sent to your Firstdate contact e-mail address. You are advised to check the Website every now and again to keep yourself up to date with any changes. Through continuing to use the Services on our Website you accept the changes or additions occurring under the Terms and Conditions.
For further information about Firstdate, please read “About Firstdate” on the Website.
At Firstdate we want all our members to behave in a safe and friendly manner towards other members and, as such, do not accept the members posting or exposing offensive or abusive material on or via the Website. As Firstdate does not monitor the Website material posted by our members, we would like you to notify us immediately if you are aware that other members are posting offensive or abusive material so we can take prompt action for the comfort and safety of everyone..
We do not accept pictures of an offensive or pornographic nature. Profiles containing such material will be deleted. Firstdate will decide on the action to be taken when such material is discovered.
As you are aware, we cannot take responsibility for matters out of our control and it is up to every member to act sensibly.
1. By registering as a member of the Service via our Website you accept Firstdate’s Terms. If you do not abide to these Terms, Firstdate is entitled to cancel your membership with immediate effects as and when it sees fit. In such case Firstdate will reimburse you any payments made in advance, after deductions of legitimate costs incurred by Firstdate on account of your breach of the Terms. Messages regarding notice or contract cancellation will be sent to the e-mail address you give to Firstdate and will take immediate effect.
2. You must be over 18 years of age and a resident of the United Kingdom or Ireland (Eire) in order to register as a member of Firstdate and to recive the right to use Firstdate’s Service.
3. By approving these Terms you confirm that: (a) you are over 18 years of age; (b) you will provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Service’s registration form; (c) you hold the copyright in all information and/or photographs/images you submit to our Website or alternatively, you must have the copyright owner’s consent to use the information and/or photographs/images; and (d) you will abide by this contract. If we have reasonable grounds to suspect that you have not complied with this requirement, we may suspend or terminate your membership account and refuse you access to any and all current or future use of all or any part of the Service.
4. Firstdate shall not be held responsible for information, data and/or photographs/images transferred to or published on the Website. Firstdate shall not be held responsible for incorrect or incomplete member profiles, photographs/images and/or postings, or for any harm caused through those profiles, photographs/images and/or postings transmitted via our Website, irrespective of transmission means.
5. Firstdate holds no responsibility for contact relationships or meetings that occur through our Service.
6. As a user of our Service you should be aware that published dating profiles, postings and photographs/images can be copied and published and distributed outside the Website.
7. Firstdate does not allow users to upload or publish material which it reasonably belives to be illegal, improper, offensive or insulting. Dating profiles with such content, or content that may in any way harm Firstdate, will be removed immediately. Firstdate shall decide what is illegal, improper, offensive or insulting. Firstdate will not reimburse subscription fees where a profile has been removed on the ground of containing illegal, improper, offensive and/or insulting content. If you as a user notice or are aware of any content of this Website that you belive could be illegal or sen as improper, offensive or insulting, we would like you to take immediate action and contact us .
8. The Website, Services and its contents are protected by international copyright laws and other intellectual property rights which are owned by Firstdate, its affiliates or third party licensors. All Firstdate names and logos mentioned in our Website are trade marks, service marks or trade names of their respective owners, including Firstdate. You may not modify, change, distribute or transmit such protected material, without the prior written consent of Firstdate.
Subscription Fee and Cancellation
9. We try our best to maintain very low prices – you will find all of our prices on our payment page.
10. You can pay your membership fee by credit card. The standard period is one month, but you can also choose to pay quarterly, for a six-month or a full year period depending on the method of payment selected. Other periods may also occur in conjunction with campaigns.
11. If you would like to cancel your membership, you can allow your profile to be dormant. Your membership would terminate automatically after 12 months. Alternatively you can choose to unregister yourself via the “FAQ” section in the left-hand menu of the website. At the bottom of this page is the deregistration button. Please note that the balance will not be settled if you unregister or if your profile is dormant.
12. If you are a gold member, your membership will be renewed automatically. If you would prefer for your membership not to be automatically renewed, follow the instructions in the “FAQ ” section in the left-hand menu of the Website. Please note that on cancellation of your membership the balance will not be settled. The autorenewal is always done using the regular price.
Please note that 48 hours notice is required to cancel Gold Membership.
13. If you would like to terminate your membership due to being subjected to another member’s improper, offensive or insulting behaviour you must inform Firstdate of the situation. After verifying your claim, any balance of your subscription fee will be reimbursed to you.
14. Nothing in these Terms shall affect the statutory rights of any consumer or exclude or restrict any liability for death or personal injury arising from the negligence of Firstdate or fraud.
15. Subject to clause 15, we accept no liability for any indirect or consequential loss or damage, or for any loss of data, profit, revenue or business (whether direct or indirect) in each case, however caused, even if foreseeable. Use of the Service is at your own risk. In circumstances where you suffer loss or damage arising out of or in connection with the viewing, use, downloading/uploading of profiles, photographs/images and other material from/to our Website or performance of our Website or its contents, we accept no liability for this loss or damage (except where we have been negligent) whether due to inaccuracy, error, omission or any other cause and whether on the part of Firstdate or our servants, agents or any other person or entity.
16. Subject to clause 15, if we are liable to you for any reason, our liability will be limited to the amount paid by you in subscription fees during the previous 12 month period.
17. The limitations and exclusions in this clause do not affect your non-excludable statutory rights and only apply to the extent permitted by applicable law.
18. Firstdate make no representations whatsoever, about any other websites which you may access through our Website or which may link to our Website. When you access any other website you understand that it is independent from Firstdate and that we have no control over the content or availability of that website. In addition, a link to any other website does not mean that Firstdate endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content, or the use of, such a website and Firstdate shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any content, goods or services available on or through any other website or resource. Any concerns regarding any external link should be directed to its website administrator or web master.
Firstdate has taken measures to ensure that the information you give us is protected and handled with great care in accordance with applicable legislation. Applicable law is the Swedish Personal Data Act, (1998:204). The data controller is First Date International AB.
By registering on our website, you approve the following:
The information we collect from you
Purposes for which we use your information
2. Firstdate will use, store or otherwise process your Personal Information to provide you with the Service. We may transfer your Personal Information to our affiliates and third party processors in order to provide you with the Service. We may transfer your Personal Information to our affiliates and third party processors in order to provide you with the Service, including, but not limited to, processing subscription fees. Our affiliates and third party processors will keep your personal information confidential.
3. Firstdate may also use, or permit third parties to use, your personal information to offer you personalised services, information and offers that we or our partners belive may be of interest to you.
4. Firstdate insists your personal information must be protected in a safe and secure way in accordance with approved legislation. Firstdate, therefore, takes appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal information is protected from any non-authorised uses. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. As a result, whilst Firstdate strives to protect your Personal Information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information which you send to us, and you do so at your own risk.
Your Personal Information
5. You have certain rights under the Personal Data Act 1998:204 regarding the handling of your Personal Information. For example, we will always send you a copy of all personal information we hold about you should you request it. We may charge you a fee for supplying this information. If you find out that the personal information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, you are entitled to request that the details be changed. Please contact us at such circumstances.
These Terms shall be governed by and constructed in accordance with Swedish law and any disputes shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the Stockholm district court.